Monday, January 9, 2012

Introducing...

Good Afternoon! My name is Traci Beaver. I am a new student at WOU and just started my journey in the MAT program. I would like to teach middle and high school health when it is all said and done.

I got my start at OSU and graduated with a B.S. in Early Childhood Education. Shortly after graduation, I married my husband, Cass, and we decided to start our family. I am now a mother to my two beautiful children, Nathan age 4, and Kendall age 1.5. For the last four plus years, I have been blessed to be a stay-at-home mom. During my time at home, I started a blog that revolved mostly around stories and updates about my kids. We spent a year living in Coos Bay and this was an easy way to share pictures and stories about our day to day lives away from our extended family.

 About three years ago I was given an opportunity to coach volleyball at the high school JV level. This is where I got my start at teaching/coaching at the adolescent level. I feel like this is where I really should focus my career.

So now I'm here. Because I already enjoy blogging, I am not that good at it! My personal blog is very basic. I often have great ideas about motherhood issues and other "hot topics" but have not been able to transition my blog to a more professional, thought provoking, interesting blog. I want to learn how to market my new blog to others outside my family and have it taken seriously. I also feel like technology is the way of the future. I think that communication with parents and students via the internet, blogs, etc. is becoming more and more popular and common.

I am really looking forward to this course and hope I can use this blog even after our four short weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You hit the nail on the head. Blog about what you enjoy. Blog about ideas that you want to share. Equally important read blogs about your interest, this will stimulate your writing. While your "children" blog may be basic, you're probably including pictures and getting comments. We'll investigate attract more readers and connecting with bloggers with similar interests.

    ReplyDelete