Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Overwhelmed

Sending out and SOS!

We are in the 4th week of the term. So far I am learning SO much and really enjoying all my classes...except for one.
I really enjoy my instructor, great guy, but I think the material/content is a tough one to learn in an online class. We are given several readings...articles/journal articles, etc. to read each week and then expected to use the discussion boards on Moodle to answer questions and engage with our classmates.
I was starting to question my intellect when I started reading these articles!! I'm a smart woman. But these articles are rough to get through. The last few weeks it has been about different learning theories: Cognitive, social, and behavioral. I learned all about Piaget, Vygotstky, Skinner, Dewey and Thorndike in my undergrad and it is really interesting stuff. The articles that we are reading make it incredibly difficult to understand. I find myself reading the articles and then googling other articles to make sure I have the right ideas.
Thankfully, I'm finding out that it is not just me who is finding the reading difficult...several others are feeling a bit the same. PHEW!!!!
I guess I just keep on keeping' on. Almost half way through the term, my head is above water and I'm feeling good.
If any of you know of some helpful resources out there on learning development...I would love to know!!

2 comments:

  1. "YOU CAN DO IT!"

    Thanks for the motivators. (I know that's not a word but you know what I mean.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO happy to see that others feel the same way!!! I know we are all very smart people and we all have a different way of learning, writing, and discussing. I started feeling very...what's the proper word? LITTLE! I doubted myself, I kept questioning whether or not I comprehended my readings correctly or if my responses even sounded decent/ made sense. I decided to email my professor and she helped me a lot. Professors really understand what you're going through because, hey! They went through it too. I definitely believe that you can do it! I believe that if you put your heart and mind into something you can accomplish anything you want to. It takes heart and determination to get to where you are now :) it may get difficult at times but you're amazing, anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete